Saturday, October 08, 2011

Local Agricultural Show

This morning after going to the farmers market we went across to Pt Elliot to the local agricultural show, this is the last of our district shows this year, we were away for the others last week end and due to weather and various other problems we havent been over for a couple or more years. I used to run one of the horse rings for them and now my daughter does.
It was a lovely morning, quite warm but with some cloud and there was a huge crowd gathering, we were there early so didnt have any problems.
Caught up with some friends, saw my grand daughter ride (the black pony) said hi to those at the truck and then headed down by the beach for a coffee.
As you can see there were some very colourful flowers and cakes on display. Sheep, scarecrows and old engines as well as a lot of stalls selling all sorts of things from old tools to plants and everything in between.
It is still school holidays so lots of people around.
We had dinner with Tab and John and the girls (and Mason) last night, very pleasant and the children are always fun, Celina made a nice dessert, chocolate self saucing pudding and I forgot my camera!
Lunch yesterday with a friend so a good day. My birthday is going over several lovely days!
The only trouble is that the house cleaning I am supposed to be doing is not getting done as fast as I would like, but progress is being made so perhpas tomorrow....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I would hate to judge the flowers, they all look so beautiful!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Agricultural shows are wonderful occasions to see the animals, the craftwork and so on. Yesterday the grandkids went with my youngest son to the Geelong Show and had a great time, but came home with some junk in a couple of showbags and they had some wild rides. Anyway, a good experience.