Saturday, October 22, 2011

Garden wandering


It has been a strange few days, overcast, warm and humid. My poor garden is worrying me as I am having a lot more problems with my hands at the moment, aches and a bit of a wobble. Not conducive to pulling weeds but despite that it looks beautiful.
As you can see from the first photo we have not a lot of distant visibility, infact in places it is almost foggy but not quite. Not the sort of weather we usually have.
Irises and roses are coming out, the irises are over a period of time but each individual variety doesnt last for very long.
I also have some lovely succulents flowering, the little rat tail is covering itself and the pink one seems to like me and I have it in various places, they strike so easily and reward you with flowers.
I have been trying to get some sewing done, a few ideas for simple Chrtistmas bits this year as I am not managing to get a lot done.
I am not painting either which is annoying but the wobble doesnt make for easy painting.
I am off on Tuesday for a few days to Tiddy Widdy with a friend, I am taking stuff to do and I hope to get some walking in as well. So John will have to look after himself, the cat, the dogs and the hens.
He is off fishing today, I do hope they can see where they are going in this misty weather.
Not an interesting blog post, enjoy the photos and click to enlarge them.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Enjoyed your lovely flowering succulents, Penny. Hope your hands behave and shape up so you can weed and paint ...well... PAINT more than weed! Take care!

Carla said...

HI Penny, lucky you to have such a beautiful garden. Looks so luscious.. I dream of having a garden one day. Carla

Kay Baughman said...

Penny, I love wandering in your garden and even hearing about your weather and a coming spring.Lovely photos!
Kay

shirley said...

Sorry you are having trouble with your hands Penny.

http://www.gardenexpress.com.au/grandpas-weeder/

Above is an address of where to get a tool called grampas weeder. I have one and it is great...no bending. Mitre 10 have them too and probably a bit cheaper if you google 'grandpas weeder' you will find them. They are easy to use