Monday, November 24, 2008

Zygopetalum



I know I have put up other photos of this orchid but this one is currently in flower in our bathroom. I love the zany mix of colors in this particular plant.
Warming up here again, and after having Tabby and John and Millie for a pasta night last night a bit tired!
Millie has a nasty burn on her hand as she staggered a bit and put her hand out and touched the fire which heats up the water for John and Tab when there is not enough sun for the solar power. They have no electricity and are all on solar normally.
she was a bit solemn about the fact that she only had one hand and the other bandaged and in a sock. Absolutely delightful at this age. Walking but not completely confidently.
Tab brought a chicken she had rescued out of an egg and luckily my Japanese bantams have just hatched out a clutch so I will have a larger baby as well, it was ok this morning.
I am trying to get a few things done for Christmas, 10 small angels are finished and another 10 cut out, now to get them done, a painting done and a base for another mixed media piece so I suppose I have been productive. More cutting back in the garden too.
I think I get into a bit of a panic just before Christmas as I always leave it too late to get things done.

3 comments:

Wabbit said...

This is lovely! I do a thing I call primary shifting when I'm working with color. And this reminds me of one of my mixes. Instead of using red, yellow, blue as my primary colors, I shift them to another color in their family. So in this case, the brown would be your red, the green is the yellow, and the purple is the blue. You can't mix too many colors but you do come up with some interesting harmonies.

And it sounds to me that you get plenty accomplished!

djstustu said...

dude wat is she talking about do you wonder what the world would be like without the crazies

Karen said...

My daughter gave me an orchid for Mother's Day in May and I was surprised at how long the bloosoms lasted over five months. It's now growing a stem with some more so I'm quite impressed.