Thursday, November 13, 2008

The garden and my weekly stitchery for Gail


I took these photos before it got hot, although the pots look much the same but the rose has dropped all the rose petals in the last two days of heat.
Still hot this morning but a change expected. Muggy which I dont like.
I will be going to Adelaide and spend the night as John has a dinner and I will see my mother tomorrow.
I was pretty tired yesterday so found a few bits and pieces and finished the little stitch challenge, I used a background piece of silk paper I had made at Geelong and cut out shapes from the left overs from the fairy shoes and hand stitched them on and then added the satay sticks to balance it. Then hand stitched to black felt, actually I scanned it before I hand stitched it but it is now done.
Feeling pretty flat after all the running around and now this heat, a not at all pleasant night last night.
Karen I am glad you like my beach scenes, sometimes I would like a bit of cool weather! We are never satisfied are we.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I love the little stitch challenge Penny, and your rose must have looked lovely before the heat struck. You are having much worse weather down there than we are in
Mackay - only a couple of horrid days so far up here, but no rain.
Cheers, Robin

Anonymous said...

It's true we always complain no matter where we are don't we? I have to admit that the heat is more than a bit intense where you are. Here's hoping it lifts and you get some relief soon.

Love the craft piece you're so talented I love seeing all your bits and pieces and the dolls as well. The fairy shoes are a hoot, I never asked are they life-size? Am currently reading a novel all about Ireland and faries.