Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Small stitch weekly challenge


I have finally finished this little embellish and stitch project that Gail set me, more little elephants, although I am not sure these look as much like elephants as the last one. This pair are trying to knock the dates off the date palm. Hand stitch, embellishing machine with a painted vliesofix background.
I think it is rather fun but next weeks will come faster than I am ready i think.
Adelaide for the Melbourne Cup lunch, I won the door prize which was terrific, about 4 bottles of wine, glasses, chocolates, books and some skin stuff.
Here I was saying I dont often win things.
I didnt win the sweep but it was great to see another Bart Cummins trained horse come home in front of the overseas raiders.
I saw my mother, she had had a fall between when I last saw her and this morning, only bruised but a bit battered, I hope it wasnt my fault. She was pretty subdued and sounded tired and a bit off with the pixies, more drugs I suppose.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

I like your stitching Penny. Glad you were successful with the door prize - sounds pretty good to me. Sorry about your mother, old age is not very pleasant sometimes. No rain here and heating up. Cheers, Robin

Unknown said...

Another great one! Love the ramming! I feel like doing some of that myself after the long week at Loma Linda Medical Center! One can only stand just so much confusion.