Saturday, November 01, 2008

Today we made dolls and had lunch




Up to Adelaide for an early start and dolls were made, or partly made and a delicious lunch was served under the shade of a tree on one of those days that I think only Adelaide can provide.
Several of us arrived at our friend Christine's house and chatted and as I had made my bodies before hand it was a fun time to stuff the bodies and do the faces. I will put mine up when they are all finished.
Not such a fun time was visiting my mother who was in a foul and angry mood, I think as it was around 4 pm, the so called sundown syndrome but boy it wasnt nice and in the end I walked out feeling terrible but unable to pacify her. I only hope she cant remember when I see her next. I hope I never become like that, it is so sad, so horrid so unforgiving.
A long drive home and I can see why it is not good for people to drive when they are upset.
We did have some good news though as four of the stud's poneis have qualified for the nationals. A very good advertisement for our prefix.

3 comments:

Guzzisue said...

looks like doll making in group is great fun........shame I live so far away.

Doreen G said...

What a lovely setting to have lunch with great company Penny.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

You seem to be having such mixed blessings in your life - your wonderful creative sessions and your difficulties with an elderly mum. Do we get crotchety as we age, have less patience? I think I do at times. I said something really tactless and dismissive last Sunday and have lived to regret it. I didn't know her whole story and how she was feeling at that particular time.
w.