Monday, August 21, 2006

Wild flowers


These were taken on our walk down to Parsons Beach yesterday, the red is called running postman and is a bright red pea flower, the other I am not sure about, John thought native indigo but neither of us were certain. These limestone cliffs are difficult to walk down, so many things to trip you up, and steep but are wonderful for native plants.
Today I made a rushed trip to Adelaide to collect my sewing machine as I need it, didnt call in to see any one, was home by about 1.30, to find John not at all well I presume he has collected one of the many virus's that are around. I hope he gets over it quickly but the ones my grandchildren have had have taken at least a week. The problem with all the meetings he goes to.
It was supposed to rain today, we have had more wind, it is cooler but only a few spots. The weather people are saying that so far Adelaide has had 6mm and the average for August is 68mm, a big worry across the whole state as water in the reservoirs is low and farmers are very worried, and I think we are all watering our gardens. We just seem to miss out on all the lows going past us.
The windchime I made yesterday out of old forks and spoons is sounding lovely, they have a lovely tone, much better than the bought ones. Only problem is that if I can hear them it means it is windy again.

No comments: