Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Shrink plastic fun

These are the little tiles I have done using shrink plastic, they have almost become addictive. They have mostly been done in slightly different ways, I coloured most but not all with Fabrico pens and used a gold pen around the edges, One I used teture paste on and then painted and rubbed with treasure gold, One I painted with cheap metallic acrylic paints and then used pebeo vitreous liner (gold) all seem to work well some with more texture than others. Oh yes, my mistake was the one with the stamped face, I tried to emboss before I shrank, it is better afterwards!
John is still feeling a bit "off" today, nothing positive, just not well. I went into Victor to get the mail and some horse food and spent most of the day trying to get some backgrounds for some dolls I am making and I have another ATC to make, so if I have to make one I will make more.
I received back from Dale of the Thread Studio three ATC's today that were at the Perth Show. One from Kelsey O'Mullane, which I am thrilled about, not fabric but I love what she is doing, another from Liz Plummer, I now have two of hers, and and another fromJennifer Mary Green of the Art Tarts Club, Gorgeous all of them. Will put them up tomorrow.
A bit of drizzle today, all of about 1 mm, we hope for more.

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

they are really cute!
i love the paisley one...

katie said...

Hi Penny,
Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I've never heard of the kind of pear you mentioned, and was entrigued to think that you have parrots that eat them (the blue jays go for ours). I have yet to try working with shrink plastic, you did some wonderful things with it.

Nabeel said...

awww this is soo cute .. I love the top one .. the one with the heart .. aww thanks for posting this. I think it can be a great little gift for a loved one.