Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A day in Adelaide


Yesterday we spent all the morning packing up yet more boxes. I had been up at before 7.00 and walked around the block for about 20 minutes which actually helped my back. As a farm girl I find it interesting to see how many different ways people lock themsleves and their cars in.
We had done enough by about 12 so collected some lunch and sat reading the paper in the car in a pleasant street until John had to go to his meeting and he suggested I walk down to the Botanic Gardens.
It was very pleasant sitting in the sun, I did a painting of the dry garden which is on my boots and sketchbook blog and this with the Pitt pens which wasnt so succesful, what I like about it is that I picked a violet that smelt absolutely wonderful and tucked it into my sketchbook and there it was when I went to scan it.
In the Gardens bookshop I found a small Moleskine notebook, is that what I should have for sketching? It is plain paper and just calls itself a notebook. I bought a small one as they were very expensive. Not a watercolour one to be seen.
My mother when we saw her wasnt in a good frame of mind, although my sister said she was really good in the morning. Luck of the draw I guess.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Wonderful little sketch of a great day.

There are several different kind of Moleskines. Sounds like you have the notebook. There is a small and large Moleskine sketchbook plus the watercolor ones. I don't think the one you have will take watercolor. Gosh, they are so pricey arn't they!