Thursday, August 31, 2006

Norton Summit


Yesterday John had a meeting in Norton Summit and I went along for the ride, well I had to as we had stuff to do in Adelaide and this was on the way home.The plase that the meeting was at had this car park with the most incredible view down to Adelaide and across to the sea with this deep valley below. The township itself is almost up on a ridge and it is where one of our famous Premiers came from, Sir Thomas Playford who grew cherries and was Premier of this State for a very long time. And a very astute man.
Any way the first one is of these huge dark pine trees almost glowering over the top of this farm house roof. The second is of what I could see of the very grand church looking at it from across the roof of the building in front of me. It was all in shadow and surrounded in huge trees so a little hard to work out what shape was what but I am quite pleased with the way it came out.
I was up really early this morning as I have to get Celina and Gaby off to the school bus by 7.50, dressed, showered, lunches packed and breakfast eaten. Whew! Not me at all who is usually a bit slow in the mornings.
I will put a couple more of my sketches on With my boots and sketchbook blog in the links.

2 comments:

SideShowMom said...

The one with the trees has a wonderful looseness to it and still has the stateliness of the pines! Nice!!

Anonymous said...

Pine trees have never looked so good.