Wednesday, April 26, 2017

More clouds and a spider

The weather has changed, we have lit the first fire for the year, damp and overnight a lot of wind. Now calmer but who knows. I hope people are not bored with my photos of our walks, not a lot else is going on here, although I have just bought some blanket for a cot blanket for the next great grand child, only problem is I dont know what it will be so will go for yellows and a bit of pink or blue, the next project. I need one at the moment as things here are a bit fraught, not quite knowing what the future holds. We walked around the mouth of the Inman River today, the tide a bit high for the beach and a lot of swells coming in, this was also a bit more sheltered from the wind. We met a delightful airdale terrier named daisy as well but I didnt like to take her photos. My repaired knee that I fell on a few months ago has been worrying me a bit too, maybe the change in the weather. Too long a walk and I am knackered, I suppose age doesnt help but I dont really like to give in to that. Time seems to be flying by and there have been some hideous tales of nursing homes in the papers lately. Another thing I dont really want to think about! Yesterday I watched the big ANZAC day football match (Australian Rules) on tv while I sewed, a very moving start to it with a lovely rendition of the New Zealand national anthem by a, I think Maori service man, ours which I dont like, "girt by sea" I ask you sung by a girl, ok but not my favorite song. I have to say that the last post always brings me to tears. Back to do a few finishing stitches on that quilt, I forgot I hadnt stitched down the corners. Oh the spider! It was a very large orb weaver in a huge web that I couldnt manage to photograph but I was pleased with the spider. She was in some shrubbery by our walk, I like orb weavers although they always look a bit fearsome.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nope! Don't like no Spiders...none. Hate 'em. Here in Northern Indiana USA we are prepping for Spring. We have a fish/frog pond in the back yard so the task to clean it for the Spring started yesterday. Terry cleaned out the pump box by sucking all the water out. There was a spider down there. Don't know if it jumped down, or was living in the water. It got sucked up too. I was glad there was not a snake lurking there, as there was last year. I don't like snakes either. I counted 10 frogs the other day. Already there are millions of tadpole itty bittys. I love frogs. We'll see how many survive. I think the fish eat them.

Hope your knee issue is just the weather.
xx, Carol