Monday, March 02, 2015

Bits and pieces and a plum cake recipe.

I have finished the small quilt, which I have titled Fragments from the edge, it goes into an exhibition for the embroiderers guild . Five little rabbits from the pattern by Rosalie Quinlan, I collected this from my local craft store and it was such fun, I think I have made eight in all. Pat asked for the Plum cake recipe using fresh plums, it is from an old Margaret Fulton cook book 8 fresh plums ( or less depending on how many fit in your flan tin) 2 Oz butter. 1 egg. 1/3 cup sugar. 1/4 cup milk. cinnamon and sugar to dust. Grease a 9 inch spring form tin, with a loose base, but I think you could use baking paper and a flan tin or plate, Set oven to 180 degrees C. Wash and stone the plums. Make a batter from butter, sugar, beaten egg, sifted flour add 1/2 flour and beat to combine, add milk and remaining flour, spread mix over base of the tin. Place prepared plums , cut side down on cake batter. Place in moderate oven for aprox 1 hour. While still warm sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. I have yet to make this but the one the friend made yesterday was delicious.

1 comment:

Suztats said...

Cute bunnies, Penny. I'd love to see a close-up of your Fragments piece.