Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Birds of a different colour

I said the birds were getting to me, I have another 3 waiting in the wings to be done. I love the different shapes and colours I can use. When we walked yesterday morning there was a grey heron on the reef in at the bay so he had his photo taken for future reference. I took one of my granddaughters out for lunch today as it was her 22nd birthday. poor child she has so many problems to overcome but it was lovely to see her and listen to her and privately worry about how she is going to manage. It has been terribly hot the last few days, but it was much cooler when I left Victor and although warmer out here not as bad as it could have been. John had to go to Adelaide early to have a monitor fitted and he said it was like walking into an oven when he got out of the car. A record number of days over 40 degrees C so far this summer. There is for cast of rain, a lot of rain, I hope the area in the Flinders Ranges where the fires are gets some of it. Bad fires in Victoria and now the smoke from those fires is hanging over us, it is so thick you cant see the end of the valley. Stay safe every one.

9 comments:

shirley said...

Your birds are so pretty Penny.

Hill Top Post said...

Love your birds, both feathered and stitched! We are beginning to warm up here, so, hopefully, you will be cooling down.

Hildred said...

Love the bluebirds especially, Penny. As I yearn for spring here I am reminded by your post how dreadfully hot summer can get!!!!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

I really like the bluebirds. I'm looking forward to Spring, been cold for too long now!

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Robin Mac said...

Lovethe birds Penny, hope everything goes well for John. Looks like you are getting some rain at last. Cheers

Robin Mac said...

Lovethe birds Penny, hope everything goes well for John. Looks like you are getting some rain at last. Cheers

Nat Palaskas said...

Love all your birds Penny - Hugs Nat

ArtPropelled said...

Great to see your birds. They are a joy to use in design aren't they?! Glad you are having rain.

Annie Cholewa said...

I'm loving your stitches birds ... so cheerful :)