Sunday, February 09, 2014

A bit of play

So very hot yesterday, 42 degrees C in Adelaide and not much less here, although Victor wasnt too bad early. We went into the market and walked but not for long as it was heating up fast. A lot of fires around so another day of hoping that we were ok. We were but of course we had a wind change and friends up in the southern Flinders Rangers are on alert and today it is very windy so not a good day. That fire has been going for over 2 weeks.Such a worrying time for every one and Victoria is in a worse mess than we are, cool today and then we heat up again until the end of the week and probably beyond, although next week end there is a possibility of rain, which would be wonderful, but with rain brings humidity, not so wonderful. There is a cyclone off the Western Australian coast which might send moisture down to us, it would be a huge help in putting out the fires. We are so dry but this year I cant complain as at least so far we have water in the dams so the garden can get some water. Any way, after all that palaver, yesterday when it warmed up I sat and sewed up this little panel, saw a similar bird on Annette Emms blog and decided to see what I could do, looks a bit like the Jabiru storks we saw in the Northern Territory, and I may make a few more. I am in a bird phase at the moment, I can hear the big white cockies in the trees outside today, when it was so hot they were quiet. a young black cocky has also been around trying out the palm nuts. Off to do a bit more hand sewing and try to ease my aches.

5 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Oh that is hot! I hope the fires are kept under control. Rain would be a godsend.Stay safe.

ArtPropelled said...

Love your panel! (I couldn't see the photo earlier)
Congratulations on your 55th wedding anniversary.

Jo Murray said...

The weather has been very kind to us this summer...not so the southern states. I'm doing a rain dance for you.
Love those rusty fabrics... and your bird.

Suztats said...

Much too hot for me, Penny-- I don't know how you stand it. Hope the rain comes soon and puts out all the fires. I really like your bird panel.

shirley said...

Heat like that is so debilitating Penny. I hope it rains for you soon.

Your collage is great. I am looking at having a go at it.