Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My weeks embroidery and whale watching


 Here is my last weeks embroidery, JOhn went fishing on sunday and I sat and did some sewing, hence a fish and a threaded neddle.
These al llook terribly primitive!
The trees are beginning to blossom in the orchard.
I made a large casserole in my lovely big crockery pot.
we walked by the sea in the sun. I ran out of time so some embroidery stitches. friends came to stay on Friday and Saturday was the election, Sunday more embroidery stitches as we stayed inside and played with paper and stitch.
Must do better!\This morning we went walking and looked for whales, I havent been walking on that track for ages as it is a bit rough but I managed to do part of it and we saw a few whales but they were a fair way out, the one in the third photo is what looks like a rock.
the little bay looked lovely, lots of clouds and it is cool and overcast.
There were two of these birds playing but I only managed to get one, I think they may be balck cheeked honey eaters but I am not entirely sure.
Trying to get enthused to go to Adelaide on Thursday for 2 days of class with Jill Maas, I am not sleeping well as my shoulder joints hurt when I am in bed  at night and I havent done such a long drive for a while, but I am intending to get there, and whats more enjoy it!
click or double click to enlarge the photos.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dolls are looking amazing! And the embroidery is such a great way of recording memories.

Julie said...

I like your primitive embroidery! Very nice! So great you can just walk out to see whales! Wow! Such scenery! No wonder you are so creatively inspired!!!! Hope you get to Adelaide. Are your classes at the Inspurations Magazine location? Always wish I could fly there one day for a class!!!

Julie said...

Sorry, I meant Inspirations.

Stitching Lady said...

I saw "your" whale - what a lovely scenery.

Caroline said...

Oh how I have missed your stories, I love to hear about your whale watching, I even love your needle point! Possible new craze! It's sad to hear you aren't sleeping! I pray your health improves, wonderful to see you are still inspiring! Thanks Caroline