Monday, September 24, 2012

Yesterday morning as we were leaving

 I had to go around E's wonderful garden taking photos, it is a magic place, 24 years in the making and this was just close and around the house.
My final sot was of a very brown and dry Darwin airport, if you can find it in the collage.
I loved the use of water and the tinkling sounds, the wind chimes, the bells the little bats live in, the magnificent palms, just a delight to be in and around.
W and E were fantastic hosts and we would never have seen or gone to as many places if they hadnt taken us.
I was surprised to find I hadnt put on as much weight as I thought, but all the aches and pains I lost in the heat have come back, it was only 11 degrees when I went in to collect the cat at 9.30 this morning.
I am slowly getting washing done and unpacking all the lovely things I bought, photos later.
I would hate the humidity and wet but I didnt find even the 38 degrees out around Kakadu too bad, but then I wasnt working, I was walking and looking and seeing so much, and I could retreat to an airconditioned car or room. The humidity was certainly going up in the last couple of days.
I havent unpacked the workshop stuff either, after tomorrow as I have a trip to Adelaide then.

The best holiday ever, so much to see and do and now to sit back, eventually and take it all in.
Thank you so much E for inviting us and W for being such an attentive host ( well both of you really but have to get you both in!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice collage of the greenery.