Saturday, September 08, 2012

Adelaide Royal Show

We were up early this morning and off to Adelaide Royal by 8 am.
 One would think we only looked at flowers! I was there in time to see one of our ponies get a 2nd in the novice hunter and was told one we had sold was 1st in the open, so great news for our stud. Lovely for those who rode them too, apparently two of our young riders got 3rds in their rider classes yesterday too. Fantastic for a 6/7 year old and a just 8 year old.
The flowers were lovely and I loved some of the designs that had been put together for gardens.
I did go and look at the poultry, noisy and a little disapointing this year, hardly any of the breed I am interested in were there.
Had a quick look at my nephews partners dogs, sharpei today, the pugs are not on until Monday so I wont see them.
The wood chopping was just finishing but I took a photo any way, and I passed the cattle jusging but it is all under cover and rather dark so took these being prepared outside.
Had to get a bit of some of the side shows but in sideshow alley there were too many people but this little group by the exit were not so full of people, and probably not doing as well!!
Double click to enlarge.
We went in to see the Fred Williams exhibirion at the Art Gallery, a wonderful collection of his painbtigs, there may be more of him later as I bought the book and want to read it.
Home calling into see Tab and the new foal, and to give Millie her tiger hats, I also bought one for Mason but his is a leopard, they are all the rage this year at the show and were quite fun and the sort of thing Grandmother/great grandmother should buy although John seems to think they were an expense we didnt need. Men! Forgot to take a photo of Millie in hers.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

I am glad your visit to the Adelaide Royal show was so successful, thanks for sharing the photos. Of course you should have bought the hats - men don't think properly! Bring back lots of photos from your Darwin trip. Cheers