Sunday, August 26, 2012

Walking around the bay


These wonderful mallows were in full flower as we walked around the mouth of the Inman River and on the beach yesterday.
The one bit of bright blue on a day that just got greyer and greyer and a perpetual drizzle set in.
Not a nice day and cold! I keep looking at Darwin temperatures and wonder how I will survive as they seem quite hot, well we have been in 11 and 13 degrees C here and they are 33!
These photos were really what caught my eye, the Islands, the river mouth, the beach and the reeds in the sandhills behind the beach.
A lovely walk but we got home and opened up the fire and I ended up doing some more work on my travellers blanket, lots still to do and I should have done it ages ago, still a few more patches are on properly and it was nice to have the blanket on my knees as I worked and listened to classical music.
John has gone fishing today and the sun is out a bit I hope it stays that way for a while.
I am tidying up!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Julie said...

The mallow shot is stunning, Penny!!! Are you doing TAST??? I did not see you or

Julie said...

Sorry...to finish my comment....I haven't seen you or Shirley with TAST. Didn't you used to do it??? I am trying it intermittently, it seems! Hard to always keep up!
Take care...Julie

Robin Mac said...

Lovely photos as usual Penny,especially the mallow. Cheers

Linda said...

Gorgeous photos Penny, especially the mallow!! Sorry to hear that weather has been miserable. Take care.