Friday, August 24, 2012

In my mail and walking


Today in the mail came these lovely little matchbox books from Gina Ferrari of Fan my flame blog, tiny and quite beautiful. My long standing connections with Japan meant I had to get the japanese book, and as I had hoped to go to the UK and get a mug or somesuch thing to add to the Royal stuff I have and then I wasnt going so I had to have something from the silver jubilee and so what better than this from Gina.
Not quite as good as going to get the real thing but almost. Thanks Gina.
Yesterday I did two walks, or perhaps it was the day before, any way, we have been having interesting clouds lately so these taken from above the house and looking west along the valley, then the beach walk, we hadnt done one for so long, so a rather boring one of the Bluff and Wright Island and we found this very owl like tree that had been cut down, eyes and a beak, what more could you want from nature?
Two foals born today, the first for the season, a filly at about 2 am in the freezing cold and a colt at about 9 am, one a Welsh Section B and the other a Welsh
A, nice to have early ones but the weather is so foul I do worry about them.
Photos when they unscrunch a bit.
Both Mums are maidens so it was  nice that all went well.
I have been wandering a bit over the last two days which has been very nice. I just wish this weather would warm up a bit.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

annie said...

Congratulations, Penny, on the 2 babies. When all goes well with births, those are moments to cherish. Love the photos as always.
Especially that tree stump.
annie