Monday, August 20, 2012

I am a rotten book maker!

 I have spent days trying to work out how to make this book. I used a small premade box that the mini magnums come in, at least two layers of paper and gesso, then several layers of paint, put on and wiped off and then finally a stencil sprayed on, I wonder if I should put a protective layer over that? But what?  Would acrylic wax be ok? Any ideas would be very gratefully accepted.
I had cut up several sheets of paper and these were made into folios and finally today I found my waxed thread and had a go at binding them all together.
Of course as with anything I do, the holes were not quite right, I broke 3 needles but finally I have something that I think will work.
Even to the used envelope on the back.
Didnt know how to fasten it, I had the elastic but had a sudden brain wave, use clips which I have done. Yes there is an extra hole, I thought I might find something I could dangle from it.
Something achieved at last.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

I suppose you could seal with something, but i like it without.....it turned out splendidly. Have a ton of fun with it!!!

Robin Mac said...

I like your book Penny. How well do you think it will wear without a sealer? Acrylic wax should be fine, I have used it quite a bit. Not long now till your trip. cheers

Hildred said...

You must have had a wonderful time making this, Penny, frustrations and all. The book is lovely.