Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Adelaide University buildings

 I was in Adelaide with a little time to spare while J went to the dentist and after going to see the Waterhouse Exhibition at the museum (more on this in a later blog) I walked up North Tce passed the lovely old University buildings which have been cleaned up and look lovely, not as grimy as when I used to wander here when my father was alive over 50 years ago.
It was a bright sunny but cold day so a lovely opportunity to add them to my photos of buildings.
J is a bit sore today having had 3 teeth out and a replacement plate. I now know where the expression 'long in the tooth' comes from as he presented me with those offending teeth!
I managed to buy a new camera at a reasonable price, and I am now charging batteries so I can work out how it works, I am now going to be carting two cameras around for a while. this one is a panasonic Lumix lx30 (I think) its not by me at the moment and has a much bigger zoom, I just hope it is ok as I am a little worried about camera shake and may have to work out how to steady it. It also has a gps, not sure what that is all about but I guess I wont be able to get lost! So all new technology in only a year or so. I do love my old nikon coolpix but this one had a lot more for about the same price than the new nikon.
All in all a good but very tiring day, oh and a new fax printer came home for J as well. I am happy with my printer and dont need a fax.
What worries me is all the gear we seem to need these days and the old stuff just keeps on accumulating out in the shed, many years of computers has seen them reduce in price and yet they dont seem to last terribly long either.
Off to get my new glasses.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: