Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday Mosaic

We had a lovely day yesterday, it was a beautiful day, the sun was out and we decided to have a bit of time to ourselves.
We walked over at Pt Elliott, no whales that we could see or seals for that matter but the Yam daisies were out and so was the wild clematis.
Then we headed for Willunga and McLaren Vale and visited a couple of galleries and had a quick lunch at Red Poles after seeing their bird exhibition, made me feel a bit enthusiastic about drawing more birds. So nice to sit out in the sun with a bowl of soup and some coffee.
We headed home and caught up with Millie and Tab, Millie had just had a riding lesson with Sarah and was full of it. Tab's face looks worse than when I last saw it but it is to be expected.
The blue wrens were having a big barney by the back door and I tried to take photos, I caught one just as it was about to fly off, she looks very odd! They are so quick and I couldnt get the blue male at all.
My pansies in the pot by the back door are looking lovely, but I have cheated, they are still in their pots from the nursery and just packed into the hanging basket.
Today is wet and damp, I had a bd night last night not sure why, but have done all the indoor chores and am now basting my travellers blanket together, this is my on line class with Dijanne Cevaal.
I have also been doing some scribbly birds on a small book that is going together, very scribbly but fun to do. Listening to Cat Stephens on a disk John has downloaded from i tunes, takes me back to our first visit to London in the early 70's. I have a very odd collection Bryn Terfel is another of my favorites as well as good old Neil Diamond!! Showing my age here but some of these I actually saw in concert, and very different it was back then too.
Click the mosaic twice and you should see it better.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I envy your beginning of Spring, my favorite season. Your Blue Wren and it's jaunty tail remind me of our Carolina Wrens and theirs!

Robin Mac said...

Lovely photos as usual Penny, sounds like a very relaxing day. I am glad you approved of Bill's engineering. Cheers