Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Around the farm


We had a new baby yesterday, I wasnt able to use the computer as John has mine and I couldnt get to it. I will be glad when his new one comes home.
So top picture is of our new live baby, a colt but we dont mind as his brother is stunning.
Millie came out for her lesson on old Harriet, as you can see the dogs get into the act as well. The dogs are all border collies, just different colours. Sarah is very good with small children and had her lifting saddle at nearly every step, although Millie was pretty tired as she had been to a gymkhana on Sunday (and won some ribbons) and then her father came in late from Perth the night before as well as a day at 'school' so she did well to do half an hour.
I walked a bit late so some of the light is a bit odd, but the self sown plum at the bottom of the orchard is looking stunning, wont last long but I think I caught it at just the right moment.
Finally a shot of some of the cows waiting to be milked, after all we are a dairy farm so I should show an end of the milking shed and a few of the cows.
I have been having such fun with the 5 day class I did with Carla Sonheim, and there will be a few photos of my junk mail book on my other blog (see the side bar). I couldnt scan the complete pages unfortunately.
I have enough made up pages to have fun and make another one.
A totally beautiful day, almost too warm, after all this is only August, I had to water a few of the outside pots. I love Spring but I hate the thought of a long hot dry summer.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

Millie looks very happy to be on the pony!