Saturday, August 27, 2011

Clouds and peacocks



This morning as I was driving back from the market the clouds were appearing over the valley. It started off as a cold and almost clear morning, but as the day has progressed the clouds have got more, and it is cold.
I have been out in the garden cutting back some shrubs and my fingers are burning with the cold, a nd the effort (and probably arthritis as well!) I always love the light and shadow and play on the clouds as they come over the valley. Just wish I could paint them.
The peacocks were together waiting to be fed the other evening so a slightly strange photo but one I took more for the textures and colours than anything else.
Do have a look at my daughter Sarah's blog, it is on my side bar. She is a wonderful photographer (with a fantastic camera and lenses) and gives a different insight into life on the farm to mine, I suppose it is that generation down thing.
I am working on a small art quilt for a swap, its not finished but at least it is under way. I am not a quilter and I probably make them in a different way, I like to fuse and use had stitch and not have too many colour distractions. I think it will be alright.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

I'm sure your art quilt is lovely! Your daughter's blog does have lovely photos, it was a nice visit!