Thursday, July 12, 2007

Walking Glenside



I spent the night in Adelaide after a night meeting and the friend I stayed with and I set off at about 8 am to walk around part of her area. this is part of the Glenside mental hospital, probably not called that now but was in my day, before that it was the Mental Asylum.
These are some of the lovely old buildings. Not the best morning to photograph them as it was damp and cold and as the last photo shows there was fog on the hills behind the city.
The first two are now the administrative buildings, I am not sure what they were originally used for, perhaps the same thing.
The third photo is of the area that is heritage listed but not used or I dont think it is and the sign says built in 1885 for the criminally insane. I would not have liked to have gone there.Such lovely buildings and all you could hear was the sound of birds at that time of the morning and yet about 2 ks in a straight line from the center of the city. We walked for about an hour and a half, then I headed out to see my mother and home.

No comments: