Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Back to the embellisher


Dale asked me what I had been doing on my embellisher and I actually havent had time so I got stuck into it yesterday and this morning as I had bought a photograph album from my local $2 store yesterday and I thought it might be useful if I pulled it apart and used it to put some of my stitch samples in. It has post attachments and I quite liked the cover which is sludgy green with stars all over it but felt it needed something else, so this is what I came up with, I got the big button last night at beading, I think it is coconut shell and added others, found the mad bit of knitting I had done and felted that onto the base I had made of pre felt a bit more wool tops and then some scrim. Not quite heavy enough so felted onto some commercial felt. Then a bit of embroidery and I think that will do. Pleases my not very conventional soul.

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

I like it Penny and I love the big button