Monday, August 19, 2019

The last few days have been freezing cold.

I havent felt like puting much up, I think it is the cold that is making me just want to hibernate. Sit on my heated pad and not do a lot. We have still been looking at some of the lovely Sala exhibitions and in between rain and hail we have walked. Trying to find somewhere out of the wind that hs been coming straight off the antarctic. The beach has been cut away quite badly and there are huge lumps of sea weed. Yesterday morning we went over to have morning tea with friends at Parawa. On the way the car was registering 5 and 6 degrees. Almost expected snow. We were lucky as there was no hail and the rain was only showers, not like Sarah who had to go to a show over at Strathalbyn where she said it was blowing a gale and pouring for most of the day. They did well with 2 ponies and came home with a bronze medal which made up for it all. We did a late afternoon walk along to the mouth of the Inman River, tide coming in fast and lots of sea birds looking for titbits s the river went out. We were glad to get home in to some warmth. I try not to use the heater (air con)_ but lately we have had to. Our morning tea was lovely but so sad as one of our friends daughter in law was the girl who was killed climbing Mt Everest and their son and them are devastated. So was I. Our eldest great grandson spent a day in hospital over the week end with suspected pneumonia but it was "only" a nasty case of flu. A worry as the two small boys are only 3 and 10 months. our daughter Tabby has had an accident with her leg, more tests today, and is having problems walking. Never rains than it pours. I am beginning to think that we are living too long. those of us over 80 dont look too bad but those almost there, a matter of weeks, well!

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

As an almost 87 year old I know how you feel.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sorry for all the crap that is going on with you and those close to you. My MIL is in her 90s and my sis is 88 (20 years older than me). Both of them do nothing. Have no hobbies and feel sorry for them selves a lot. They have expected someone else to do everything for them for the past 10 years at least. Neither are very likable people. Like everyone, I hope that I can take care of myself as I age.
Take good care and stay warm.
xx, Carol