Saturday, August 31, 2019

Bit of this and that.

Mother blackbird in her nest in a hanging basket. Not easy to see but you should see her beak and eye. I love their song but at home on the farm didn't encourage them as they are introduced. Here in the town any bird is a joy. Do miss my blue wrens. I am back to a badly aching back, finding my half hour walks rather a trial. I should know better than to lift heavy boxes looking for stuff. John is busy doing research on our local hospital history and is on the main computer more than usual so I have resorted to photos from my tablet as I can't get the time for the ones on the camera. The native dendrobium cross is flowering well, although after a lovely sunny early morning it is now windy and blowing, again! Great news, love how the family can do that these days, my little Rivington Lollipop has just won her class at Adelaide Royal. There is no way I can get up to see the ponies that daughter Sarah does such a great job with. Back to photos, my cymbidium is still flowering madly, such a joy. I have to confess to being fed up with changes in the weather that affect my body. Still making clothes for my doll, better finish her boots then not much more to do. Think I may make another one she is very sweet.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Fall weather is coming fast here in Northern Indiana USA. The pots of petunia on my front deck never did very well this year. First lack of sun and too much rain. Then no rain and hot sun. Now cooler day and TOO cool nights. I suspect the mice are coming in at night since the Tomcat blocks I hide for them are gone. My little dogs are mousers and they run around the back hall sniffing everywhere a sure sign a mouse has been there. I'm done with working in the yard and weeding the pond area. The weather hear is just too unpredictable.

Hope your back starts to feel better.
xx, Carol

Barry said...

P - some days are filled with this and that. Love your orchids. Sorry your back is giving you grief. Be well. B