Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Sunny morning

So nice to feel warm sun at last, and get the washing all dry. We had a lovely warm walk on the beach this morning. John has gone off to visit son in law John who is back in hospital with a perforated bowel, again, I think. Poor Tab had her face opened up again last Thursday and now John has done this again. No lifting for 3 months and in hospital for 5 days. At least it is down here and not in Adelaide with their own doctor. The funeral yesterday was packed, she did so much in her life. I dont think I will be remembered in that way. Caught up with lots of people I havent seen for ages. I think that not wanting to do much after the move from the farm has isolated me up to a point. Still I am managing to walk most days and do some sewing and other odds and ends. Just so nice to be warm although I think we are expecting a change, rain and cold again for a few days. We did find a beautiful gold coloured little cowrie but I didnt take its photo, perhaps tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

The change to warmer weather is always welcome. In our case of courseit will be cooler weather with the approach of Autumn. Not so welcome,

Robin Mac said...

Glad you had a couple of warm days Penny, we have been looking at the polar blast coming in and feeling very glad to be in North Queensland! Sorry to read about your family's problems, sounds nasty, but I hope they both recover quickly.
The only good thing about funerals at our age is that you usually catch up with lots of friends you hardly ever see. Cheers XX