Sunday, October 26, 2014

A day of thunder and no rain, so far.

We walked around the bay this morning, the sky was interesting and there were almost no waves. I thought it would be hot but there was a lovely breeze off the sea. There were a lot of live green turbans washed ashore, John keeps collecting them and throwing them back, goodness knows if they survive or not or if it is some weird life cycle thing. Today there were absolutely tiny ones, I have never seen such small ones still alive. We came home and it was quite hot and oppressive. Now it is rumbling and grumbling, the black birds are singing and oh I wish we would get a decent rain out of this. I really hate dry thunderstorms as they can start fires. Trying to get stuff ready for my 5 days workshop with Sandra Brownlee. I am trying to pare down what I have and not take the whole workroom! Really looking forward to it.

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am looking forward to seeing photographs of that workshop.

ArtPropelled said...

These photo montages of your beach walks always raise my spirits, Penny.They remind me of Australian artist, Caroline Rannersberger's paintings.

Barry said...

Hi P - my walk on Wednesday is now a good reminder for me to check in on you and your walks and life on the farm - great views of the beach - such a contrast to our mountain views. Sounds like you are looking forward to the 5 days - enjoy. B