Thursday, October 23, 2014

Been a busy week

The weather has been to say the least, interesting, hot and windy, cold and windy, no rain. I am still feeling tired after the after affects of my lurgi, but slowly getting a few things done. On Sunday we went over to "the other coast" and collected shells, always more interesting there and the little abolone had lovely shells as well as their interior. a pair of cape Barren Geese flew up and onto the shore, we dont see them often as they are mostly on the grassy off shore islands but do occasionally come into sheltered grassy areas around this lower gulf shore. I came home and P's rhododendron is flowering, it is lovely but always seems to hit the hottest part of October to flower. We walked around Victor this morning and the pair of boats were moored and showing up against the Norfolk Island pines. Things are a bit topsy turvy here at the moment, foaling is going on, I am still trying to sort out books and getting into the occasional cupboard. If we are downsizing I should at least have some idea of how and what, all I know is that there is so much in this house, after all I have been here 55 years and Johns family before him, since 1909 and more has come in than gone out. It doesnt bear thinking about.

3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

such different beautiful shells and birds than we have here.
.. a friend once told me that you should move every 5 years whether you need to or not.. haha.. that was his solution to accumulating things.. but he never followed that bit of advice and me neither.. downsizing and purging are really hard... almost every time we get rid of something we need it a week later. Good luck.

shirley said...

Glad you are beginning to feel better. I am going through the same thing with downsizing and it is pretty daunting, and i have only been here just under 4 years...although i did bring so much with me...good luck

Suztats said...

Your rhodo looks gorgeous.
Yes, downsizing can be difficult, and draining. i found, though, that it was also freeing: less to think about, dust, store, clean.........so it also gave me more time, in the end. i had to be ruthless, though.......and 2 years later, I've not needed any of those items....all my art books, and some supplies, extra kitchen utensils, blankets, sheets, furniture from a home, a cottage, and my father's home, too. The charity shops received a lot of stuff from us, which made us all happy!
Hope you're all better soon and over all the lasting effects of the lurgi