Thursday, January 02, 2014

The second day of 2014

Oh dear, I may not have published yesterdays blog and I forgot until I had this one up.So my sequence will be out.
It is school holidays and we are a summer tourist town, so the internet is very very slow and makes us all impatient, I left it yesterday and John turned off the computer before I got back to ti..
I did my daily dairy cover yesterday, amongst all the other things.
Here is my 2013 diary, stuffed full of cuttings and added pages on the left. On the right is the same diary, all new and pristine looking. I used up some rather soft Indian fabric a friend brught back a few years ago and found one of my finished but nothing more done to it little stitcheries which now adorns the front cover, quite appropriate I thought as it had a lot of sari fabric in it.
I am not sure how well it will wear but that is all the fun of using a daily diary, as opposed to an art one.
It rained most of the night and is quite cool, still dripping on and off, all the rain water tanks are full which is good as the family arrives tomorrow from Melbourne. I have spent the mnorning making beds and tidying up.
All yesterdays washing is still on the line, very wet.
This afternoon I will make the last boiled fruit cake as that families present from us.
Then I need to relax, no I dont, everything that got thrown into my work room that doesnt have a bed in it needs to be tidied so I can get at stuff while they are here. I love having them but as I seem to have moved through the spare bedrooms with stuff, it does make it difficult at times.
No painting.
I do hope your year is going well.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful diaries, both of them!!! I bought a new fabric journal (purse sized) and am struggling with what to do with it. As usual. I love journals, but then I am a bad writer of them. Yours are fantastic! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Julie

ArtPropelled said...

Gorgeous diary covers Penny! Enjoy your family gathering tomorrow.