Thursday, August 08, 2013

On my walk down to the road

It is cold this morning but I managed a walk down to the road, and a little way along the road as well.
I saw the big aloe flowering, a pile of cut wood, sand left after the creek had flooded over the neioghbours fence, and my neighbours violets flowering well.
One of the pony stallions interrupted eating his breakfast, a lovely shaggy gum who is losing its bark, a bright pink daisy bush that so far hasnt had to contend with a frost and the winter buddlea whoe nectar is giving sustanence to bees and honey eating birds and finally my lemon tree in all its glory.
I cant believe this lemon, for years I tried to grow one and the soil and frosts defeated me, finally I found one on a suitable stock and it has done amazingly well.
I am starting on a new stitching journey, I think, I will explain another day.
for those who dont read my drawing blog, the orphan foal is so far doing well. The photo of the mare and foal on my previous post, suddenly about 18 hours after foaling the mare was found dead, no struggle, possibly a heart attack, the foal thank goodness is big and strong and is taking to being hand reared well, but there is a long way to go and poor Sarah is having to feed her every 2 hours for the next 2 weeks. Then a long time of feeds but at least after 2 weeks we should be able to get her onto a bucket and not so many feeds per day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

The greenery in your winter makes me envious. wish that was what happened here in winter..
so sorry to hear about the death of the lovely animal. such a loss.. Hope the young one makes out ok.