Saturday, August 17, 2013

From sun to floods


 Yesterday John didn suggest we went in to walk first and then do the shopping, as we got back to the car the clouds were looking very threatening, such a contrast to the start of our walk.
It then rained and blew all day and most of the night, over 30 mm of rain to 9 am
(We are an official rain recording station).
By about 4.30pm John and I went down to see what the back Valley creek looked like, I love it when it floods, it was getting a bit dark for good photos but you get the idea, the bridge over on the side road wasnt coping well and there was water all over the road to the neighbours.
I think part of the trouble is that we havent had enough high creeks in the last few years to scour out the creek bed.
Here is my week in embroideries.
Fog on the bare trees in the orchard, a flat tyre on Saturday. Sunday hills blossoms out. Monday, no more stick after a visit to the physio.
Tuesday, and most of the week, making cloth dolls, not many flowers in the garden to pick on Wednesday but I did find some arum lillies, my mother always said I shouldnt bring them into the house as she classed them as funeral flowers, now I see they use them for weddings.
Thursday I had an optometrist visit, no new glassed yet but a cataract is deepening, perhaps next year I will have to have it operated on.
Friday was shopping and rain. so that is actually more than a week, now to find another piece of fabric for the next week or so.
I am having fun with this, but now I have to keep it up!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Fascinating interpretations Penny - I have been watching your weather down there, certainly lots of variation! I'm glad you don't need new glasses, unfortunately I think I do - for the second time this year,so no refund! Cheers.

Unknown said...

lovely post and photos. so nice to hear that you're taking walks again!
XOX

Barry said...

P - what extremes - but the flooding looks good for the land. As GP said good to know you are walking again; and busy with your creations. Go well. B