Tuesday, August 06, 2013

First foal of the season

 Not a good photo as I tried walking in my rubber boots and it was not easy! so this was taken from quite a long way away. A very sweet bay Welsh Mountain filly born last night. It rained for most of the night too. but she seems strong and is drinking and roaring around the paddock.
On my way back inside I saw this late rose, Lamarque which I love, it smells of citrus. you can see it has been quite wet and the petals are marked but it was such a lovely thing to see on this winters day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Roaring around the paddock already! It must be a joy to watch.

Suztats said...

I can imagine how seeing a new foal frisking about would be a joyful sight. That's a pretty rose, too.

shirley said...

Babies of every kind are always so cute. Your rose is lovely.