Saturday, October 20, 2012

Its Saturday!

 We went in to the market this morning and then over to Pt Elliot for a walk around the headland. A beautiful morning. The council have planted a lot of native shrubs and trees arund this area and this lovely callistemon was in full flower.
I really love the conglomeration of rocks and there was a fairly large lazy swell coming in.
Satisfying.
The pashmina is from Kashmir and is one my sister bought for me. I think it will be very useful.
Yesterday I went over to visit a very close friend,  who was recently widowed.
We talk a lot on the phone but she is about 3/4 to an hour away and its not always easy for us to coincide.
Her garden was looking lovely and we had lunch outside and talked and talked, trying to put the world to rights but feeling we dont have a lot of hope in changing things.
I came home tired but so pleased to have caught up with her.
This afternoon John and I have been trying to sort things out in the garden, I bought some seedlings this morning and they needed to be potted up, and in doing so I went searching for nice pots and found some not in use and one thing led to another and now we are both exhausted!
Needless to say the bit by the back door has suddenly sprouted morte pots and I really didnt mean that to happen, but its nice to have the herbs close by and I think the sunny bit will be ideal for the tomato I bought, its a heritage one so I hope it is not prone to too many diseases.
At least I dont need to buy more pots, just potting soil!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

The pashmina is beautiful. You have so much beauty around you! Have a fun Sunday!

Jo Murray said...

Lovely photos Penny...and that pashmina is to die for.

shirley said...

I always loved the calistamons in flower at home. The little red finches loved the nectar.
Your pashmina is lovely. I have two DIL gave me and am always amazed at how warm they are.