Friday, October 26, 2012

I have been making cuffs

 I have been making these cuffs from a base of old linen or silk and using up a lot of odds and ends from my lace drawer. In some ways it is a shame to use up my old lace, but then again who is going to use it?
I am much more pleased with these and hope some one will enjoy them.
I have friends coming in for lunch tomorrow, last week end was such a lovely week end, today its will it be warm enough and will it rain or not. The forcast is for morning showers.
I do have a plan B but would rather be outside.
I think I have all the makings and there is a pot of soup on.
I try to make things as easy on myself as I can these days.
Lots of little hand sewing going on but mostly for Christmas presents so I cant show them.
Money is very tight this year and we have just been told that the bank we re financed with has gone belly up. Really all rather depressing especially as they mostly financed farmers. At least we hadnt invested with them.
So I am mostly making stuff and hope they can appreciate what they get, its always a bit hard on the grand children who are at a stage where money is probably more appropriate.
Off to make some peanut butter biscuits and I will try not to burtn them as I did the last lot of rock buns!

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

I don't know if it's just me but I can't see the photo. Peanut butter biscuits sound delicious! My mom used to bake wonderful things for Christmas gifts. I really miss her at this time of the year. The house always smelt divine! She was known for her potted cheese in handmade ceramic ramekins.