Sunday, October 07, 2012

Glorious flowers

 Day light saving began this morning here in Australia, or those parts who use it, and so I had an earlier wander around the garden than usual and with my great little camera captured some of what is on offer.
The azalia near the water tank, apple blossom on a tiny tree, pear blossom, the pear blossom has been wonderful this year, and the very old crab apple who is doing its usual wonderful burst of flowering. This tree was not young when I first met John, so may be almost 80 years old if not older, not that I met John 80 years ago but his mother probably planted it well before he was born.
I will never know who actually planted it, maybe his father.
Age seems to be not creeping up on us but leaping at us at the moment, although there will be other reasons why I ache so much, but I also went to move a plant out ofr a pot and found I really cant do it on my own any more. John has at least gone fishing today which gives him some company.
I walked down to see my little mare this morning, she seems to be doing better, and spoke to Sarah who had a long and tiring day yesterday at the show, although they did wel with the ponies.
I am off to stop feeling sorry for myself and find some fabric scraps to start making little Christmas gifts before there is no time to do it! Nothing like a project to get one going.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

WOW! Things are looking awesome over there right now!!! Talk about Paradise!!!

Hildred said...

Your flower photos are gorgeous, Penny. Do hope the warmer weather will help with your aches and pains. Old age is not for sissies, I have found!

shirley said...

Your garden and surrounding area is always a picture. I am not impressed with daylight saving and glad we dont have it in Queensland.