Saturday, October 06, 2012

Around the garden


Well two photos are here(whoops I have lost one, I am not going to retrieve it now) and one is the orchids that John gave Tabby flowering well (the last photo).
The other is of my Japanese wisteria which is looking lovely, it may kill the flowering plum it is covering but honestly when it looks like this I dont mind.
Just as well as the weeds in places are doing far too well.
I didnt do a lot today, the little mare is ok but there are a couple of things that are worrying me, enough for me to go back into Victor to get some milk replacement just in case.
The crew here are all at the local agricultural show, they run the horse ring and so far they are not home, I will be glad when they are.
Very cold after some warmer weather, and drizzle for most of the morning. I had hoped to do a lot outside but really didnt feel up to it. Poor John has a badly swollen knuckle, possible to do with his gout problems, he hasnt had a flare up for ages and ages and it would be now.
Hope everyone is having a great week end.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Your Japanese wisteria is beautiful, I had one years ago at a previous home. Wish we had planted one here. Sorry for John's gout attack, my husband has the same sometimes, I know how painful it can be.

Julie said...

First, I am sorry to hear about John's swollen knuckle! Pain!!!!! I hope he can get it down soon.

The wisteria is absolutely gorgeous! It will not grow here, so i love to see such beautiful specimens when I get to! WOW, is all I can say!!!

Robin Mac said...

Lovely photo of the wisteria, which of course won't grow in the tropics. I'm sorry you have had such a miserable week and I hope your mare comes good - I am only catching up with posts after a few days. cheers