Sunday, April 29, 2012

A couple of things to make a bad day better


I havent felt much like blogging.
It was our grandsons funeral on Friday, So many people, so many young ones, his coffin had photos of him all around it. I think one of the most touching moments for me was one of the boys who had to leave early lightly ran his fingers over the coffin as he left.
He was sent off well and the burial site on the property couldnt be better, overlooking the valley and their farm,  but I was at the end of it all exhausted, I have had the family from Melbourne here since Wednesday night, they left on Saturday morning so a rushed trip to see as many people as possible. A dinner for 9 here on Friday night, so yesterday I put my feet up.
Today I drove a bit over an hour to a foal show to see our lovely cream colt take out the Supreme Welsh foal of show which is lovely but now I am tired again.
This book of Maggie Greys arrived on Friday and is a delight and the fingerless gloves I finished one day last week, they are a lovely silk and wool mix but as you can see I need to make two more to match the tops.
I think I have enough to make the next pair.
It has been drizzly and damp interspersed with a bit of sun, the sun has been lovely, as has the drizzle but it is not helping me to get my washing dry.
Off to read my book and perhaps do a bit of knitting while I wait for J to come home from fishing.
Hope this doesnt sound too incoherent.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

shirley said...

Penny what a sad time this has been for you I hope you can take a deep breath and rest and get your strength back. Thinking of you

ArtPropelled said...

It must be a relief that your grandson has been laid to rest. Take it easy now that you have your house to yourself again. xox

annie said...

Reading about your day, Penny, it is comforting to know how many dear friends and family have been with you to share in memories of your grandson's life.

annie

Unknown said...

Just dropped by to give you a cyber hug. XOXO

Karen said...

The gloves look wonderful. Take care of yourself and take it easy for the next little bit you deserve it. Bigs hugs sent your way.

virginia said...

Such a lovely idea that your grandson has been buried on the property. At last he has found peace and rest and is surely in a place of kind comapassion and light. Such a difficult time for you all. Now you will have time to get on with your arts and crafts and life in general.

We have been thinking of you throughout this sad time,

With much love Gerd and Virginia

virginia said...

Such a lovely idea that your grandson has been buried on the property. At last he has found peace and rest and is surely in a place of kind comapassion and light. Such a difficult time for you all. Now you will have time to get on with your arts and crafts and life in general.

We have been thinking of you throughout this sad time,

With much love Gerd and Virginia

Julie said...

My love to you, Penny, at this very difficult time. It is unimaginable to me. I'm glad you have kept busy, and have many things to look forward to. The book looks really cool.
Get some rest, keep reading and making. God bless you and your family!