Thursday, April 19, 2012

This and that


I have spent most of the day still cleaning out the room I hope to convert into a work shed.
I have moved stuff out and washed the floors twice and swept down cobwebs, still more to do but it does look better.
I found these few cosmos flowering up in the vegetable garden, it is so dry things are not looking very good,
A few more pages of my book, the first is thumb and finger prints on a long sheet I folded into an accordion style booklet, then another page, the first was using 2 nails and a hammer to make marks and texture, and that was put next to an exercise in making repeat marks, I chose grasses.
The third is a piece of black fabric that we stamped using soy wax as a resist and then using bleach to see what came out underneath, in my case, green!
I bought several pieces of black cotton from all the local fabric shops and they all came out a slightly different colour, one almost a peachy cream, interesting. I think you really need to have the bleach fresh as sometimes I have had no reaction at all.
The weather man is forcasting rain, I hope so but they havent often been right lately and we need it so badly.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

I love what happens when you put bleach on black fabric-so many different colours underneath.
I have had a vibrant orange-brown-cream-red-pale blue-green and they are all beautiful.
You are right about it not working sometimes and I think it may be that the fabric has sizing in it which won't allow the bleach to penetrate.

ArtPropelled said...

It's cosmo season here too. Fields of cosmos... absolutely beautiful. Your pages are making my mouth water. Gorgeous work Penny!

Gwen Buchanan said...

one of my favourite flowers is the Cosmos, because of its delicacy. and wow I love your pages, the repetition/experimenting/pattern.. beautiful!!!

Julie said...

The Cosmos is so pretty! I just got the first one of some seeds I planted a few months ago! I took a picture today and will post soon.

You are such an art adventurer!!! I love seeing all your experiments! Thanks for sharing all of the beauty you create!!!