Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A special book and some I made

 I bought this lovely book from the very clever Jen Crossley, and it is filled with names and messages from all my frineds at Fibre arts. The cover is distressed and stamped metal with lots of lovely bits and pieces on the spine and inside there are all sorts of pages made from different papers. Such a lovely momento.
In Dorothy Caldwells class we made books, this was a little one to practice on making our signatures and then weaving a nice sort of pattern on the back to hold them all together.
It would have been better if I had got my knots in the right places! Never mind the beads covered up most of my mistakes.
We also made a larger book, which I will perhaps put up tomorrow and another that I will put on my other blog.
This was the two sides of the stitched wrap I made for the larger book and took quite a long time to stitch. I made it a bit short so had to add a bit on the ends.
I loved doing this class, we did so many things and all the sort of stuff I like to do.
I have decided to turn the old laundry , well seperated from the house where junk has been stored, into a work room, for metal and hammering and wire and stuff.
Today I began cleaning it out.
There is a large amount of 'stuff' that now needs a new home!
It will be good if I can get all of that together in one place. At least the floor is level and it is quite light and has several power points.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carol said...

Dear Penny, I've been doing a catch up and so hadn't heard about the loss of your grandson. I'm so very sorry for this sad loss. I know the lovely book Jen made, and your friends' messages will be a comfort to you in the future. All the best, Carol

shirley said...

Dear Penny, I too have been away and only catching up on posts that I have missed. I am so terribly sorry to hear of your loss, it is such a tragic thing to happen to any family. My sympathies to you and to your family.

ArtPropelled said...

What beautiful images! Jen Crossley's book is a treasure and I'm loving the book you made at the workshop.

Julie said...

Beautiful books! WOW!