Monday, February 11, 2008

My swap postcard for cyberfyber


This is the postcard I made to swap with Susan Lenz for her cyberfyber exchange. this will culminate in a gallery show in Columbia in USA next year. Susan has made a huge number of postcards to swap and I chose number 43.
My card was made from a base of curtain lace onto I think a pre glued heavy interfacing, may have been pelmet vilene I cant remember, which was painted in various colors and when dry I gilded it with some thing, I cant remember as the base has been around for a little while, probably treasure gold, then some free motion embroidery. I cut this up and did some hand stitching, put on the bit of hot glue gun dribble that I had on hand which had been painted and gilded, added some sequins and that is about it. On the back I put a piece of hand dyed cotton.
I hope Susan likes it.
After yesterdays miserable post which probably put any one reading this off, I was pretty productive, did a heap of things I should have done, sat and hand sewed and watched the delightful film How to steal a million dollars or some such name with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole at their delightful best. The scenes in Paris, the fashion of the time (short skirts, Giverny hats and gloves!) it was gorgeous and just what I needed. Hard to believe it was done in 1966.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

What a lovely postcard Penny I am sure that Susan wil love it.

Cyber Fyber said...

Thanks so very, very much for trading with me and especially for spreading the news about CYBER FYBER!
Susan
PS Doreen is right...I love it already!

Lalhezar said...

I did the swap also but forgot to take a picture of mine before I sent it. Yours looks great.