Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Embellisher play


When I came back from Melbourne and had actually seen some of Dale Rollerson of the thread Studio's work I was pretty inspired and sat down to have a go at a few things I havent tried before.
I embellished this wool onto some wool felt and then cut it up and wove it into well a weaving and added some colored wools and ribbon and embellished some more and I am now in the process of hand embroidering with the lovely valdani crewel cotton I got from her over the top.
Still a way to go.
Warming up today and I had a friend come to collect some of the dog club journals I had moved out to the shed, she will have fun trying to get through them and they were a bit musty and dusty. A bit of our pug history in there though so I hope she finds some useful photos as they go back quite a long way.
Talking of pugs the old boy Tuppy (not his proper name he is Aust Ch something or other but as I own him in conjunction with another Penny tuppy or tuppence he became.) is out there barking and telling me it is time for food, he is about an hour out, goodness nows what he will do when we go off daylight saving.

7 comments:

Doreen G said...

This is looking quite lovely Penny

jenclair said...

I really like the effect of the weaving on this piece!

Robin Mac said...

I love the colours in the weaving, I need to try that soon, have you embellished onto felt?

Unknown said...

Simply superb! Thanks for the inspiration!!

verobirdie said...

Cutting and weaving the pieces was a great idea, it is much more fun so!

Digitalgran said...

Beautiful colours, I always top up when Dale visits London. She always has such a lovely choice.

Aussie Jo said...

Beautiful colours, I saw Dale's work when she was in Melbourne too!!