Monday, May 07, 2007

Grumpy womens week end, Mambray Creek



I am home, a five hour drive from
Mambray Creek to home some through drizzle in Adelaide, and home to cold and wet. Which is good as we need more rain. So do our friends at Mambray Creek. I took these photos while I was having my early morning walks, and didnt take a photo of the mad mob who was there, so busy creating! The number varied but up to 7 women on any one day.
It looks very green, and the red in the background is the colour of the ploughed earth. The shadows were really longer than I thought and I kept on meaning to go and take photos in the afternoon but somehow the days got away from us.
Not long enough, on Friday we drove up and then started making our greedy goddess bags, out of all things pet mesh which I had to get from Bunnings ( a large hardware store) who thought I was quite mad. Any way the bag was fun to make but I was up until after midnight, far too late for this e...... lady!
Next day we were really into creating and designing "stuff" from various books etc, I taught silk paper, then some one else did rose petals under vleisofix, I showed what you could do with a hot glue gun and making designs on both stamps and baking paper, then colouring them with acrylic paints and rub ons. Etching into velvet with a soldering iron and attaching synthetics. I really cant remember how many things we did.
Out to the local little pub for dinner and the locals had to put up with a gaggle of women in masks. I think they quite enjoy this yearly upheavel of their quiet little pub. The food was excellent too, Pt Germein you did us proud.
Sunday we stamped on velvet with bleach and had a lot of fun, I showed how to melt nappy liners, Wendy made tyvek bubble and how to make beads, We fitted so much in and it was great.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Grumpy women - what a beaut name for a group of artistic friends! And the things you describe sound quite amazing. Very very imaginative! Yes, I can see your gang at the dinner table yacking away. I have a friend who is in a Red Hat society and she goes off with purple and red clothes for all kind of social events.
w.

Doreen G said...

Sound like my kind of get together
Penny wish I lived near you.
But then I may not be invited either.