Monday, May 01, 2006

Welsh Show successes



I havent had time to sketch, or do much at all but we did have great success at the Welsh Foal Show yesterday. The little dun filly, my Section B called Rivington Windchime was sashed Champion of the Show, having already been Champion Section B and my little grey Section A filly Rivington Rowena was Champion Welsh A. We also won reserve Champion with the D Cob filly Rivington Bliss, beaten by my daughter Tabby's D colt, Pen-nant Jonny Be Good.
Thank goodness the judge and her husband decided to start heading home to NSW as she had finished in good time. So I didnt have to see to them last night or this morning. I am madly packing to go tomorrow, as well as going in the old Toyota to get feed, someone came and paid for and took delivery of the colt (to be gelded) foal Rivington Dynasty. I have some money!!
I still have so much to do, get Tuppy the pug over to Tabby, take Celina her Birthday present and I have a cake for her. She and Evie will be 9 today, Evie lives in Melbourne so we will have to ring tonight to wish her Happy Birthday, her present has been sent.
I have just discovered two more Birthdays next week, well I have done Isabelle's, she will be 14 and my daughter in law Marguerite will have to wait until we go over in June for hers.
Not sure why we thought going away in May was a good thing.
Well I had better go and pack some more and iron some more too, as well as sort out what paints etc will go and anything else, maybe knitting this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wins, Penney! That must be a wonderful feeling -a and to keep another win in the family, too!!
The foals are adorable and the one with the flowers would nake a lovely drawing or painting.

Have a nice time away and we'll all look forward to your drawings and stories when you get back.

Anastasia said...

Beauitful foal! congrats!!
have a great time in QLD

Tami said...

Penny,

Don't know if your blog is set up so that you get e-mail when a comment is sent to your blog, but I have tagged you to list 5 things in your fridge, closet and car. Hope you have time to do this...(blame Teri, she tagged me)! WE are missing your postings!

SideShowMom said...

They're beautiful!!! Congratulations of their wins! Bonny's right about painting from those photos, good subjects and a priceless heirloom!! When I was growing up, we had a half-Welsh half-Standard bred pony that my sister and I would ride. Fond memories!