Friday, May 19, 2006

Bottle trees at Roma, photo and sketch



I just love these bottle trees, they are so improbable. When I went to find a photo to go with the sketch I realised that I had not taken the ones I had sketched but one way down the street in Roma. One of the problems of a/ going with an over active friend (who is a dear but doesnt understand about taking time out to draw) and b/ remembering what you should take ( discovering when you come home that half the stuff you thought you had taken isnt on the camera!).
Roma, where Jen lives is a lovely town, we did the tourist stuff and went to the big Rig, which is an oil rig, but they found gas and not a lot of oil, I am probably wrong on this but maybe Jen will explain if I am wrong, it was a while ago now.
We also went to the cemetery, I love old graves and I took lots of photo's which I hope to decipher a bit later I think the oldest dates back to 1875. We did find the grave of the grand parents of the other friend who was with us.
More on the big trip later.

1 comment:

Alison said...

well, these are lovely - I'm looking forward to going away and being a travelling sketcher, sometime.