Monday, May 29, 2006

Colourful flower painting workshop


Whew I am home from a hard day painting! I am taking a class called Bold and colourful flowers in watercolour and we are getting bold and colourful and becoming free-er with it. I did this as one of the warm up exercises, it is an autumn flowering gladioli, all yellows and oranges. I havent finished our next exercise a vase of flowers, not terribly happy with it but hope to be able to resurect it tomorrow. It has been great fun, using bold and flowing strokes. I am learning, but slowly.
I was up so early this morning and it was wet, to feed the ponies and iron Johns pants he wanted to wear today to a meeting in town. Cold and I was cold all day so I am sitting here typing and drinking a cup of tea with the fire which was nearly out roaring trying to warm up before I go to walk the dogs and feed them.
I will put up some of the stuff I did at coffin bay and some of the drawings I did too through the week and hopefullys some of the fabric book I am doing, not enough hours in the day or days in the week at the moment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny,

I didn't know there was such a thing as autumn blooming gladioli but you sure did a beautiful job with them! I wonder if they are only native to Australia?

Teri said...

Penny, what a fun and freeing class. Love these flowers.

Lin said...

SPECTACULATOR, PENNY!!!! LOVE THE COLORS!!

Sue Seibert said...

Oh, Penny, the flowers are beautiful. the colors and lines are wonderful.

Your speaking of the cold makes me smile...wish we had a little here in Texas. It is hot, hot, hot, but I am still sitting here with my mug of tea...anyway.

Penny said...

I like the bright colors! I almost never use orange -- maybe I should try it!

Anastasia said...

Pretty autumn colours!! lovely!