Sunday, July 28, 2019

Flowers

I think I am beginning to get a cold. That is the problem with waiting to see my doctor. Waiting rooms are not a good place at this time of the year and I don't like having a old. We have managed to walk, although not toy, it is cold and overcast and my nose is dripping and I keep threatening to sneeze, spring we call it. My doctor had a go at burning things off my shoulder and neck, not a very pleasant experience and now the spots look awful. Joys of an ageing skin spent exposed to too many Australian summers.. I watched Gone with the wind last night. A long time since I read the book and saw the film. I really frlt sorry for Scarlett,, she was a fighter in a world gone mad and I really decided that Rhett was a bit of a prick. I don't think I thought that before. George must think he is hungry, he is trying to hypnotize me but it is much too early. My indoor flowers are a delight. Sarah gave me the mixed bunch in a jug when she came to see me on Monday and the daffodils came out of a tiny bed surrounding the water meter in the front lawn. I knew I had double jonquils but didn't remember the daffs. I do like to have flowers inside and out.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love to have flowers inside. I planted several containers of petunia and pansies on the deck in front of the patio door Terry and I sit in front of. That is almost like having them inside. Terry is going to have what we thought were skin tags removed next month. Turns out they are nerve growths that gather and raise up on the skin and itch like crazy. Sorry you have that cold. That was going around here and people just could NOT get over it. Hope you recoup quickly.
xx, Carol