Saturday, June 22, 2019

Walking yesterday

It has been very cold for the last few days, a slight frost on the front lawn this morning. I have had to have heaters on as it was so cold. We had a very tiring trip to Adelaide on Thursday, a long day and an early start. Hair cuts and seeing my sister and friend P gave us lunch. I was so tired by the time I got home I fell asleep. Luckily son in law John had been fishing and called in with a few fish, that was our dinner with some chips made out of the sweet potato we grew. Yesterday we shopped and this morning I was a bit late for the market as it was so cold. I bought a really lovely deep red daisy, now re potted and a few other pots moved to the front where they will get some winter sun. Lost a bit of my mojo I think. Reading, doing things in the slow cooker I have a doll to finish but I am being very slow. Slow!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Terry is always complaining that he is slow. He is. I am always wondering why he stands in the doorway when I'm on the move. We are going from two semi sunny days, to two really rainy days and two sunny HOT and HUMID days. That makes about a week of stay inside days. Terry can't breathe when it's humid and I won't leave him alone in the house. We have spent our whole lives living through winter waiting for summer. It used to warm up here in March. That has changed to June. I'm starting to think that we should just forget about gardening and the fish pond...but I can't.

Hope you get used to slow and not beat yourself up about it.
xx, Carol

Barry said...

Hi P - the weather report seems ti indicate that you are going to be having more of that cold. Gets a bit harder to tolerate as we grow older. Fresh fish and sweet potato chips - sounds delicious. Go well. B